The Foundation for High Blood Pressure Research was established following the success of the International Symposium on Hypertension held in Melbourne in 1994. Under the chairmanship of Colin Johnston, the Foundation has generously supported Fellowships, Postdoctoral Awards and provided meeting support. The Foundation continues to support the HBPRCA ASMs and provides travel grants to supporting young investigators to attend the ISH meetings.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
The Foundation has had a proud history of support for two-year postdoctoral fellowships for research projects in hypertension or related fields in basic, clinical or public health areas at an Australian institution.
- Dr Brad Broughton (2012-2013)
- Dr Sophocles Chrissobolis (2012 – 2013)
- Dr Tamara Paravicini (2010 – 2011)
- Dr Russell Brown (2009-2010)
- Dr Barbara Kemp-Harper (2008-2009)
- Dr Alyson Miller (2007-2008)
- Dr Dmitry Mayorov (2006-2007)
- Dr Michelle Kett (2005-2006)
- Dr Anne Goodchild (2004-2005)
- Dr Justine Ellis (2003)
- Dr Kate Denton (2002-2003)
- Dr Doug McKitrick (2001 – 2003)
- Dr Rebecca Ritchie (2000)
- Dr Amanda Thrift (1999-2000)
- Dr Ross Hannan (1998-1999)
- Dr Kathleen Curnow (1997-1998)
- Dr David Kaye (1996-1997)
Early Career Transition Grants
Although the Foundation is unable to support the Fellowship scheme presently, it has introduced the new Early Career Transition Grants, intended for early career researchers who need help in reestablishing their research as a result of change in physical location, direction of research or a major career interruption. Three or four of these awards valued up to $20,000 each are to be advertised annually.
The Foundation For High Blood Pressure Research is pleased to announce that applications are open for
2017 Early Career Research Transition Grants
These new grants of up to $20,000 each are intended for early career researchers who need help in reestablishing their research as a result of change in physical location, direction of research or a major career interruption.
The Closing Date for application is Monday 6 November 2017. Please read the Information for Applicants and the Application Form for further details.