Benefits of membership
Reduced rates for the HBPRCA Annual Scientific Meeting
Student members may apply for travel grants if presenting at the HBPRCA Annual Scientific Meeting
Job opportunities posted on the HBPRCA website and in the HBPRCA quaterly email
Members of the HBPRCA can access an online directory of members
Regular updates regarding cardiovascular events of interest, including the International Society of Hypertension and the Asia Pacific Society of Hypertension
Awards/honours made to HBPRCA members at the Annual Scientific Meeting
Membership of the Council is open to persons who have demonstrated continuing activity in some aspects of hypertension research.
Membership applications(whether full or student) should be made via the online form on the Meetings First website
log in, click Societies and then click ”new/renew membership”
If online application is not possible, email applications must be accompanied by
the Curriculum Vitae of the nominee
letters of support from two nominating current members
Student Membership is available to bona-fide students and must be accompanied by a completed application form and endorsement of a financial member.
Honorary Membership is available to members on their retirement from academic or clinical employment.
Honorary Life Membership may be proposed for outstanding contributors to the Council.
All applications for membership will be reviewed by:
Dr Janna Morrison
Membership Secretary HBPRCA
C/- HBPRCA Secretariat
- All members are encouraged to renew via the Meetings First website so that demographic data is collected
Special Circumstances Membership
This membership category has been established for recent graduates moving from Student Membership to full Ordinary Membership in the HBPRCA, and is also extended to those on maternity leave.
In an instance where the Applicant has:
- completed a degree program and
- is no longer considered eligible for Student Membership and;
- has requested a temporary exemption from paying membership fees
The HBPRCA Executive:
- with the recognition that the exemption allows the Applicant to retain an affiliation with the HBPRCA and;
- with the understanding that the Applicant will become a full Ordinary Member on return to Australia
may grant the exemption and grant the Applicant Special Circumstances Membership on the basis that the Applicant:
- is in the first 5 years after graduation from the degree program
- is engaged in relevant career training in a laboratory outside Australia
With Special Circumstances Membership the Applicant will be:
- entitled to receive HBPRCA E-News by email
- allowed to submit abstracts for the HBPRCA ASM during the period of Special Circumstances Membership
- allowed to register as an Ordinary Member for the HBPRCA ASM during the period of Special Circumstances Membership