HBPRCA are pleased to announce the EMCR support fund!
The aim of the early-mid career researcher support fund is to provide financial support for EMCRs for a broad range of research-related activities.
Grants of up to $500 will be available for EMCRs meeting the below eligibility criteria.
- Must be a current member of the HBPRCA.
- Must have been a member of the HBPRCA for at least 1 year (student membership included).
- Must be a PhD candidate or no more than 10 years post-PhD.
- Research-related activities that are eligible for funding include:
- Equipment / lab expenses
- Conference registration and related travel expenses (where applicable)
- Contribution toward paper publication costs
- Other reasonable research-related costs
- Membership fees for HBPRCA or other societies will not be funded
- Fully completed application form.
- Must clearly demonstrate why the funds are needed.
- Applicant CV (2 pages max).
- Evidence on how the funds were used if successful.
- Short report on the activities the funds were used for which will be published in the HBPRCA eNewsletter.
- Acknowledgement of the HBPRCA funding where applicable.
Selection criteria for applicants:
Funding will be on a competitive basis, with the quality and alignment with the objectives of the HBPRCA considered.
Distribution of funds:
The closing date for applications will be 31 September 2021.
Successful applicants will be funded the exact amount of the conference registration or other expenses, up to a maximum of $500 AUD. An itemised budget must be prepared detailing the proposed use of the funds.
The application form and further information can be found below.