If you are already a HBPRCA member or have been a member in the past please click HERE to review your membership status, update your contact details or status (student / ordinary member etc.) Please note it is VITAL we have your current e-mail address on file for you to receive communications and it is IDEAL if you can add a cc e-mail address (personal) as a number of institutions block e-mails or hold them in quarantine so PLEASE add a cc e-mail to ensure you receive all correspondence and notifications of grants and other opportunities.
Benefits of Membership
Membership benefits include:
Reduced fees at the Annual Scientific Meeting and opportunities to apply for:
- Research Exchange grants
- Foundation Transition grants
- Awards and Prizes at the ASM including trips to BIHS or AHA
- Attendance at Science Meets Parliament
- Attendance at APSH Summer School in Asia
- Affiliate membership of Science and Technology Australia
- Regular newsletters
All existing members should receive an e mail with renewal instructions when renewal is required. If you do not receive an e mail, it may be because we do not have your current email address. Please e mail email@example.com to update your details.
Students are NOT required to renew annually and no payment is required. Students MUST renew as a paying full member once their studies are completed, or if their expected study completion date changes advise the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
To renew your membership or update your details click here.
Membership fees are due each year by June 30th
- Membership of the Council is open to persons who have demonstrated continuing activity in some aspect of hypertension research.
- Student membership is FREE of charge!
- Membership applications (both full or student) should be made via the secretariat. Please e mail email@example.com for more details or click here to join as a new member. Note you will need to create a profile first – please ensure you enter a cc e mail address if you have one to ensure our emails reach you, a personal e mail is ideal (and will not be shared).
- Honorary Membership is available to members on their retirement from academic or clinical employment.
- Honorary Life Membership may be proposed for outstanding contributors to the Council.
Special Circumstances Membership
This membership category has been established for recent graduates moving from Student Membership to full Ordinary Membership in the HBPRCA, and is also extended to those on maternity leave.
In an instance where the Applicant has:
- completed a degree program and
- is no longer considered eligible for Student Membership and;
- has requested a temporary exemption from paying membership fees
The HBPRCA Executive:
- with the recognition that the exemption allows the Applicant to retain an affiliation with the HBPRCA and;
- with the understanding that the Applicant will become a full Ordinary Member on return to Australia may grant the exemption and grant the Applicant Special Circumstances Membership on the basis that the Applicant:
- is in the first 5 years after graduation from the degree program
- is engaged in relevant career training in a laboratory outside Australia
With Special Circumstances Membership the Applicant will be:
- entitled to receive HBPRCA E-News by email
- allowed to submit abstracts for the HBPRCA ASM during the period of Special Circumstances Membership
- allowed to register as an Ordinary Member for the HBPRCA ASM during the period of Special Circumstances Membership
When you receive an e mail to renew please ensure your contact details are updated and advise the secretariat you wish to apply for “Special Circumstances” membership.